Activities at Rancho Primavera
On Rancho Primavera you can do as much or little as your heart desires. You might enjoy sitting quietly on the porch observing the many wild birds that come to the feeders, or take a swim in the lap pool, go to the pond and row the boat or paddle the stand-up paddle board, pet one of the resident dogs or horses, or take a stroll on the trails that wind through woodlands and meadows and along the creek and ponds.
Here at Rancho Primavera,there are many activities to entertain you including:
- Hike our trails through meadows and forest.
- Enjoy our pond where you can take a row boat out or try our paddle board
- Bird watching:
-Relax at our bird feeders where up to 70 species can be seen including hummingbirds and parrots
-Rancho Primavera is a bird-watcher’s paradise supporting over 215 species of birds, including parrots, trogans, cuckoos and 16 types of hummingbirds! Birding tour groups regularly visit and cherish Rancho Primavera for its birdlife and solitude.
Learn more on our Birding page.
You may want to explore the many activities available within the state of Jalisco:
- Explore the local villages and their regional cuisines
- Wander the acclaimed Vallarta Botanical Gardens
- Swimming / Snorkling / Scuba diving / Surfing on the coast at Tehuamixtle, Maito, Chimo, Las Playitas beach areas
- Sample raicilla, the local tequila, at a distillery
- Ride a zip line through the forest canopy
- Get a taste of city culture in Puerto Vallarta
Within a few miles of the ranch, you can visit the 16th century village El Tuito, enjoy Hacienda el Divisadero (with a restaurant, raicilla distillery, petroglyphs and horseback riding) or wander the verdant Vallarta Botanical Gardens. Less than an hour away are coastal villages like Boca de Tomatlan, Playa Yelapa and Mismaloya where you can swim, boat, fish, snorkle, dive, beachcomb and bird-watch. Many local companies offer horseback riding, canopy / zipline tours, and snorkle / dive trips.
- El Tuito (10 min)
- Hacienda Divisadero (restaurant, raicilla factory, petroglyphs and horseback riding) (15 min)
- Botanical Gardens (20 min)
- Canopy tours (25 min)
- Puerto Vallarta (one hour)
- Secluded beaches (one hour)
- Cajon de Peña dam with excellent bass fishing (one hour)